17 June 2007

French Knots

The TAST stitch this week is French Knots. Not that I need a reason for making French Knots... What is it about French Knots that makes everyone love them?

I had an old piece of white scrim that had a white screenprint on it. (Long story, long time ago, should have been able to figure out that it wasn't a good idea.) Anyway...

I needlefelted the scrim to some blue, green and grey wool. I cut small holes in the scrim and then I needlefelted it some more. The stitching is all handstitching. Running stitch, Buttonhole stitch, Fly stitch, Lazy Daisys and of course French Knots. The size is 27cm x 36cm.



I can't decide if I'm going to add some more stitching or not. I think the corner down to the right needs something more but I don't know what that would be. I'll leave it up on the designwall for now.

7 comments:

Alis Clair said...

That is a really beautiful piece Annica.

i think it is the texture you can create with French Knots that makes everyone like that stitch.

Vicki W said...

This is a very pretty piece!

Elizabeth said...

A beautiful piece of work, Annica!

FARBTUPFER said...

Hey, this is great, I like these little flowers!

Doreen G said...

Fantastic Annica and such beautiful stitches.

Dianne said...

Great design and stitching!! I think it looks lovely just how it is.....

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. I really like the effect. Great job.